View more information in the palm of your hand and you can help the school save money.
From time to time, we send information to parents via text message to your mobile phone. A new, free, smartphone app for parents is now available for download called ‘School Gateway’ for Apple (iPhone 3GS or later, iPad, iPod Touch) and Android (2.3 / Gingerbread or later) devices. As well as receiving messages by the app you can also view a wealth of information about your child and their school life.
Please could you download this new app to your phone (it’s free) as it will help us improve communication with parents – and save the school money.
The set-up process is simple and will take no more than a couple of minutes:
1. Search for “School Gateway” in the Apple App Store/Google Play or on your phone go to www.schoolgateway.com/apple (Apple) or www.schoolgateway.com/android (Android)
2. Install the app and if you are asked then say yes to “Allow Push Notifications”
3. When you launch School Gateway for the first time, please select ‘New User’ and enter the email address and mobile telephone number you have registered with the school
4. The system will send a PIN code to your phone; please enter this PIN code and the app will be activated for you.
As soon as you’ve got the system set-up, all of the text messages we send you will appear in the app; you’ll receive notifications/alerts as normal.
If you would like to find out more click here
If you’ve recently changed your email address or mobile telephone number, please let us know so we can update our records.
STAFF/STUDENT DESKTOP ANYWHERE
1. What is it?
For staff and pupils at Falinge Park High School we have Desktop Anywhere (Citrix) which allows users to log onto our school network and continue to work as though they were logged into a school computer. This provides users with access to their home area, school shared areas and use of software.
2. How To Access
You can access Desktop Anywhere from either of the following:
1. Services page
2. The button at the bottom of the homepage
Users should enter the same username and password details they use whilst in school.
On first use, users will be required to install software which will establish a secured connection.
A guide for Desktop Anywhere can be located here: Desktop Anywhere User Guide
Users are still subject to the same school Acceptable Use Policy when using this service. All users have signed and should have retained a copy of this document. A reference copy can be found in the Policy Section of our website if needed.
Our Rewards & Sanctions Policy is based on Vivo, which is an award-winning rewards platform for schools. It allows teachers to award students electronic points called Vivos, which are redeemable on a wide selection of rewards from a customisable catalogue.
In the meantime, you can learn more about VIVO on their website.