Free School Meal Scheme
Over the festive period the Government has announced that the Free School Meal Scheme will continue over the school holidays. Arrangements will be sent by the Local Authority and not from school.
Until the Christmas holiday, starting the 19th December 2020, the school will continue to provide ASDA vouchers for each day that an eligible child is self-isolating or completing remote learning. If you have any issues or questions regarding your vouchers please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Between the 1st and 31st of December all children under the age of 16 can eat for free from ASDA cafes as long as they are accompanied by an adult. Please click here for further details.
To see if your child is eligible to apply for free school meals, help with buying school uniform and for further guidance please click here.
An application form to be sent to school can be downloaded here.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
To see the latest updates from Government about the Free School Meal Scheme click here.