KS4 Options at Falinge Park High School
At Falinge Park High School pupils take their options in Year 9. This is after they have followed a three year curriculum at Key Stage 3. You can read about our curriculum here.
At Key Stage 4 pupils study the following core subjects:
- English (Language and Literature) for eight hours every two weeks during Year 10 and Year 11
- Mathematics for eight hours every fortnight during Year 10 and Year 11
- Science for eight hours every fortnight during Year 10 and Year 11
- RE for three hours every fortnight during Year 10 and Year 11
- PE for four hours every fortnight during Year 10 and Year 11
- PSHE for one hour every fortnight during Year 10 and Year 11
They choose three options from the following and study these subjects for six hours per fortnight
- Triple Science: Biology , Chemistry, Physics
- GCSE Languages: French, Spanish and Urdu
- Art and Design
- Textile Design
- BTEC Music
- BTEC Drama
- GCSE Dance
- Computer Science
- Media Studies
- Design and Technology
- PE: Certificate in sports studies
- Health and Social care
- Food and Nutrition
- Design, Engineer, Construct (DEC)
We also offer specific courses for pupils with Additional Needs such as Functional/Life Skills. Pupils are invited to take this course.
For pupils who are new to English we offer ESOL (English for speech of other languages). Pupils are invited to take this course.
Our aim with our options is to ensure pupils have the core knowledge and subject specific skills to be successful in that discipline and to develop a love of learning in that subject for the next stage in their learning journey.
You can see our option booklet here.
Key dates/Information for 2021:
Virtual Options Evening will be in the form of a Zoom webinar. This will take place at 7:00pm on 28th April 2021. If you have not received the link please contact Mr Ward on email@example.com
Option form submission date: Submit the back page of the options booklet by Wednesday 19th May 2021
Where do you hand in your option form: To your form tutor or main reception.
Webinars for Parents
Webinar #1 28.04.21
– Coming Soon