As a Local Authority school we follow the Local Authority admission policy. The admissions policy for 2020-2021 can be found by clicking here.

We also adhere to the Rochdale Transition Policy which can be accessed by clicking this link.

If you have any questions regarding the application process please contact the Schools Admissions team, RMBC, 01706 925982 or email school.admissions@rochdale.gov.uk

Helping your child to make a successful transition
We know that the time between choosing a Secondary school at the beginning of Year 6 and settling in to that new school in Year 7 can be a difficult time, for both pupils and parents. At Falinge Park High School we aim to make that transition time as smooth as possible.

Our transition team
Ms J Turrell – Assistant Head Teacher Inclusion

Mr R Rhodes – Lead Learning Mentor

Many of your children will have visited us for one or more of the many primary liaison activities that are run in school. These include partnerships in our primaries within the Arts and Science. They may think they know us very well, however it is important for parents to find out about the different Secondary schools so you can both make an informed choice. To help families choose the school that is right for their child we offer:

1)      Open Evening – An opportunity for parents and children to visit, have a look round and meet our staff. This year, Open Evening is September 27th 2016 6-8pm.

2)      Tours of the school can be arranged by appointment if you would prefer to visit us during the working day. Our Head teacher or one of her Deputies are always happy to show prospective parents around the school. Ring 01706 631246 to arrange a tour or email the Head’s PA on fittonl@falingepark.com

Decisions made and allocated to Falinge Park High School
Once you have received the allocation letter from Rochdale Local Authority (March) you will also receive a letter from us welcoming your child to our school. During May and June all children who are allocated to us will be visited by our staff at their primary school. We are also offering the opportunity during 2016-2017 to drop in and meet Senior staff in the summer term. This way we will be able to answer any of your questions.

In the summer term your child will also spend a day here. For those pupils joining us in 2017 the date will be 4th July 2017.

Some children may need additional support with this move to secondary school and so we also offer extra days when they can visit in smaller groups or as individuals with a member of their support staff from their primary school.

September – Year 7
The day finally arrives when your child starts with us. On the first morning they will start at 8.30 and they will spend the rest of the morning with their tutor and the new tutor group. They will be given their timetables; homework diaries and lots of information about their new school. We do hope that your child will settle at Falinge Park High School very quickly. However, in the unlikely event this is not the case, please contact your child’s form tutor or Head of Community immediately.